List of most expensive association football transfers
The following is a list of most expensive men's association football transfers, which details the highest transfer fees ever paid for players.
As well as the most expensive transfers of all time,the page also lists transfers which broke the world transfer record. The first recorded record transfer was of Willie Groves from West Bromwich Albion to Aston Villa for £105 in 1893 (equivalent to £11,000 today). This occurred just eight years after the introduction of professionalism by The Football Association in 1885. The current transfer record was set by the transfer of Neymar from Barcelona to Paris Saint-Germain for €222 million (£198 million) in August of 2017.
Source: List of most expensive association football transfers
To create new content for your website or blog...
- Enter the title of a Wikipedia article in the box above.
- Select your options using the checkboxes, or use default settings.
- Click the 'go' button to retrieve the article.
- Click the 'Copy Code' button to copy the source code of the article to your clipboard.
- Paste the source code into your favorite HTML editor.
- Edit the content to suit your needs.
- Publish your new content to your website or blog.
Before publishing, be sure to make significant changes to avoid creating duplicate content.