Lawrence Edward Page (born March 26, 1973) is an American computer scientist and Internet entrepreneur. He is best known for being one of the co-founders of Google along with Sergey Brin.
Page is the chief executive officer of Alphabet Inc. (Google's parent company). After stepping aside as Google CEO in August 2001, in favor of Eric Schmidt, he re-assumed the role in April 2011. He announced his intention to step aside a second time in July 2015, to become CEO of Alphabet, under which Google's assets would be reorganized. Under Page, Alphabet is seeking to deliver major advancements in a variety of industries.
As of October 2019, Page is the 9th-richest person in the world, with a net worth of $55.8 billion. Forbes placed him 10th in the list "Billionaires 2019".
Page is the co-inventor of PageRank, a well-known search ranking algorithm for Google, which he wrote with Brin. Page received the Marconi Prize in 2004 with Brin.
Source: Larry Page
To create new content for your website or blog...
- Enter the title of a Wikipedia article in the box above.
- Select your options using the checkboxes, or use default settings.
- Click the 'go' button to retrieve the article.
- Click the 'Copy Code' button to copy the source code of the article to your clipboard.
- Paste the source code into your favorite HTML editor.
- Edit the content to suit your needs.
- Publish your new content to your website or blog.
Before publishing, be sure to make significant changes to avoid creating duplicate content.