This is a glossary of terms commonly used on Wikipedia. For a shorter and simpler glossary aimed at readers rather than editors, see Help:Glossary.
- For abbreviations often used in edit summaries, see Wikipedia:Edit summary legend. For common shorthands used in Articles for Deletion (AfD), see the Wikipedia:Guide to deletion. For a list of common abbreviations used within Wikipedia see Wikipedia abbreviations. For common abbreviations and slang phrases outside Wikipedia, see Appendix:English Internet slang. See also Wikipedia:Manual of Style (abbreviations), Wikipedia:WikiProject Glossaries, and List of acronyms. For other useful directories and indexes, see Wikipedia:Directory. For the use of terms in articles, see Wikipedia:Manual of Style#Words as words.
To create new content for your website or blog...
- Enter the title of a Wikipedia article in the box above.
- Select your options using the checkboxes, or use default settings.
- Click the 'go' button to retrieve the article.
- Click the 'Copy Code' button to copy the source code of the article to your clipboard.
- Paste the source code into your favorite HTML editor.
- Edit the content to suit your needs.
- Publish your new content to your website or blog.
Before publishing, be sure to make significant changes to avoid creating duplicate content.